Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Knitting Tuesday

Tonight is Knit Night at the Pownal Library and I will be helping two members get a real start on their Tomten Jackets. One has cast on the requisite stitches and has worked the first ten rows and will be ready to learn how to do a 'short row'. A second is STILL in the swatching stage but I have hope!!! A third is still working on simple knit and purl stitches. Last week I explained how NOT to twist her stitches so we'll see how she made out.


Meanwhile here are a few photos of 'my' Tomten Jacket. Over the week I have finished up the second sleeve and perhaps tomorrow will start to
do the finishing work ..... still haven't found a proper zipper. I do love this construction! The

yarn is Ecological Wool from Cascade Yarns. I found it at Webs on one of my trips to the Pioneer Valley to visit Trader Joe's & Whole Foods. I love Ecological Wool!!! It is a dream to knit. I used some discontinued Berroco Smart Mohair in a fabulous 'tomato paste' red color.

Now that I look at the photos I'm considering trimming the opening with the 'red'. Perhaps I'll give it a try and see how I like it? Of course if the opening is red then I'll have to have a red zipper.
Perhaps it is fortituous that I didn't buy a brown zipper????

I've just started the gusset on my second pair of Wendy Johnson's Seaweed Socks and am using Socks That Rock in a lovely greenish blue ... almost a seaweed green..... from stash!!!

And, speaking of sock yarn! I have just scored three skeins of Cherry Tree Hill 'Nantucket Red'
merino sock yarn. What luck!!!

In a while I'll be heading over to Peru, MA to collect the dogs from the groomer. Today was their day at the spa and I know that they will be lovely and sweet smelling ..... for all of one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment